MECS® Brink® Mist Eliminators for Chlorine Processes
The Brink® mist elimination technology used in the
chlorine production industry
The chlorine industry is an essential ingredient producer for the manufacture of PVC plastic and high-grade silicon used in electronics. However, during production, wet and dry chlorine gases require highly efficient mist eliminator systems to ensure final product quality and control corrosion. To achieve these objectives, chlorine producers rely heavily on Brink® mist eliminators to meet the unique needs of a challenging process environment.
Chlorine - MECS® Mist elimination solutions
Wet chlorine gas contains some brine mist from the base aqueous salt solutions, as well as water droplets. Both brine mist and water droplets can lead to severe problems in the drying section and must therefore be removed from wet chlorine gas before further treatment.
In chlor-alkali plants, sulfuric acid is used to eliminate moisture from chlorine gas prior to compression. By removing the sulfuric acid from dry chlorine gas, product purity is maintained, the downstream turbo compressor is protected and the capacity of the chlorine plant is not compromised by mist carryover.
Brink® mist elimination technology
The Brink® mist elimination technology is used in the chlorine production industry to efficiently remove brine mist from wet chlorine gas and sulfuric acid from dry chlorine gas and of caustic in hydrogen gas.
Brink® is a trusted name in the chlorine industry, with a proven track record for balancing the needs to safeguard equipment, ensure end product quality, and minimize maintenance and operating costs.
Benefits - Wet Side Brink® Mist Eliminator
- Greatly reduced brine salt carry over
- Less drying tower maintenance
- Reduced sulfuric acid consumption by reducing moisture carry over
- Reduced compressor energy use by minimizing pressure drop
Benefits - Dry Side Brink® Mist Eliminator
- Significantly minimize the sulfuric acid carry over from the drying tower
- Reduce maintenance in compression system by minimizing corrosion
- Maintain production at capacity by minimizing sulfuric acid in the liquefaction section
Benefits - Hydrogen Brink® Mist Eliminator
- Achieve higher product purity for commercial hydrogen sales
- When hydrogen is used as a fuel or for HCl synthesis, maintenance is reduced on burner tip orifices
find out how we can help you