STRATCO® Sulfuric Acid Alkylation Services and Solutions
As the world leader in sulfuric acid alkylation technology licensing, DuPont Clean Technologies brings unparalleled expertise to refineries seeking to optimize, expand, revamp, maintain or troubleshoot their operations and equipment. We leverage the sulfuric acid alkylation know-how DuPont has obtained through our world-leading STRATCO® Alkylation Technology licensing solutions to provide a comprehensive suite of products, solutions, and ongoing support to existing alkylation units with a focus on reliability, operability, the environment, and safety.
Products and Services for
Sulfuric Acid Alkylation Units
Whether you’re considering an alkylation unit revamp, or seek to improve unit reliability or optimize unit operation, our team offers continuing support. We provide a comprehensive suite of ongoing reliability, operability and technical services and solutions for the sulfuric acid alkylation industry.
- Contactor™ Repair Services
- Contactor™ Replacement Parts and Components
- Reliability Technology Upgrades
- Reactor Flow and Heat Transfer Improvement Technologies
Technical Service and
Unit Optimization Solutions
- Startup assistance
- Startup assistance
- Mechanical reactor technical services
- Operational and optimization studies
- Technical Service Agreements
Operator Training Simulator and Training Solutions
- A dynamic simulator programmed with real-life emergency scenarios for improved operations response and procedures training. Emergency scenarios include acid runaway, power failure, instrument failure, improper feed lineup, and more.
- Comprehensive training course tailored to your STRATCO® alkylation unit configuration. The contents are flexible and can be customized to your special interests, providing constructive training for both new and experienced engineers and operations personnel.
Process-Critical Equipment Solutions
- Coalescing media and vessels designed and manufactured to separate immiscible liquids in alkylation unit feed coalescers, acid settlers, effluent treating and depropanizer feed treating wash drums, and other separators.
- Static mixers designed for proper contacting of hydrocarbon and acid or aqueous streams in alkylation unit effluent treating and depropanizer feed treating wash applications.
Expert Solutions with Valuable Results
Our technical professionals have over 80 years of experience in sulfuric acid alkylation. Our experts can help your organization with everything from throughput and yield optimization to uptime and reliability improvements, as well as chemical and acid consumption. We offer mechanical integrity assessments, equipment replacements, process troubleshooting, energy optimization, capital effectiveness, safety assessments, operator training, and more.
- Test run and existing alkylation unit simulation
- On-site reviews that include sample and data collection. Our refinery services experts use this information to set up a simulation (to match test run conditions), test equipment limitations, and identify debottlenecking opportunities. An excellent precursor to an expansion study.
- Unit revamp and expansion studies & process designs